A Guide To The Future Of Virtual Meetings And Events
A Guide To The Future Of Virtual Meetings And Events written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Marketing Podcast with Mark Kilens
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mark Kilens. Mark is the CMO of Airmeet, a leading virtual and hybrid event platform. He oversees Airmeet’s global marketing team responsible for brand, demand, lifecycle, and product marketing.
Although virtual events and meetings were a product of the pandemic, it’s safe to say they are here to stay for the foreseeable future even as we inch towards the return to normalcy. In this episode, I talk with CMO of Airmeet, Mark Kilens, about the state of virtual meetings and events today, what innovation is necessary to drive more engagement, and where the future of these kinds of virtual connections are headed.
Questions I ask Mark Kilens:
- [1:10] What is Airmeet?
- [2:07] How would you describe the status of the virtual meeting today?
- [3:29] How do you think augmented reality will play into virtual events?
- [4:33] A lot of people I talk to now are sick of Zoom, TV, sick of these kinds of virtual meets that are going on –is that a function of the technology itself or is it a function of how people are using it?
- [7:00] Many people make the mistake of taking events and putting them online versus changing the way they present to virtual audiences — would you say there’s a difference in how you should present?
- [8:03] Is Airmeet doing something to address that problem?
- [10:28] What are some best practices and tips for getting engagement during virtual events?
- [12:48] Are these practices that we should be doing in meetings?
- [14:23] Is there a sweet spot for how many people should be in attendance for a virtual event?
- [18:40] What do you think is the future of the big events you mentioned?
- [19:19] Do you think we are going to be in this hybrid land for the rest of the foreseeable future?
- [21:43] Where can people connect with you?
More About Mark Kilens:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
This Duct Tape Marketing Podcast episode is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and SEMRush.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.
Everybody’s online, but are they finding your website? Grab the online spotlight and your customers’ attention with Semrush. From Content and SEO to ads and social media, Semrush is your one-stop shop for online marketing. Build, manage, and measure campaigns —across all channels — faster and easier. Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Get seen. Get Semrush. Visit semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
Did you miss our previous article…